Sunday 26 August 2012

Annihilation

Sometimes I put myself into the shoes of other people, as a writer and a poet. For example: taking over the body of an old, wrinkled woman or a forty-year old with cancer. What does that feel like? It’s sort of how the artist, when painting a picture of an old, vulnerable, dying woman, feels the necessity to invade her body in order to properly capture the full essence and depth of her pain. He/She needs to feel it so that the painting speaks out to those who can never experience the pain and emotions firsthand. 

I sit here alone on the shore of the ocean floor;
A serene soul engulfed in my own darkened gloom of thought.
The thick melancholic air wraps me in its solitude and loneliness
And I feel all alone,
As the night breeze whips my hair back and forth.
Through misty eyes I scan the pages
Of the book of time
And relive my nostalgic memories,
With tears in my eyes.
My tranquil spirit is threatened
And my heart is wounded.
And as I sit here all alone,
My hand wavers as I write.
My eyes are blurry with fresh tears of sorrow and regret
And I am impregnated with remorse.
My life which was once colourful
Is now nothing but mere shades of black and gray.
I know that my time has finally come
To leave the cruelties that life has bestowed upon me
And to finally rest in eternal peace;
For the angel of death is coming towards me
And the shadow of darkness is looming nearer
And my heart is beating wildly;
But I am not afraid to face death.
As the death clock keeps ticking,
I have nothing to do except fight and wrestle with time.
As I sit here in my pool of tears
With my feet in the foamy ocean waves,
My hand wavers as I write this sad epic of my life.
What have I done to deserve this wicked fate?
I have no where to go,
I have no place to hide.
For there is no hiding from the vicious fangs of death.
At least I won’t be alone after my soul is taken away
For you will be near me. 
And together we our on our way towards death.
Let us make memories of significant moments;
Let us preserve our tears;
Let us preserve our laughter;
Let us treasure our togetherness;
Let us treasure the ecstasies
And press them together like gentle,
Fragrant flowers
In multiple hues of experiences.
So that when we die together,
We will always treasure these precious memories;
As we loom nearer,
On our way towards death.
Let us breathe our last sighs together;
Let us close our eyes together
For the time has come for us to leave this world forever
And rest in eternal peace.
Let us travel together towards our destination,
On our way towards death.

1 comment: